Create incentive and financial assistance to nonprofit organizations who are taking up the critical mantle of meaningfully CREATING or UPGRADING their succession planning process and documentation.
While not required, it is suggested that those taking on the task of succession planning avail themselves of the multitude of resources available to provide professional guidance. Some of that material was reviewed in the H100 session on January 26th, 2021 which was recorded and is available at https://youtu.be/QuocfX7rQcg or https://theharvard100.org/content/. Additional articles and resources are listed at the bottom of this page.
- Grant funds are available to H100 and any other 501(c)(3) nonprofits in the Triangle Area.
- There are a total of FIVE $5,000 grants, with funds to be issued in two phases: $1,500 upon being selected for the grant, and $3,500 upon completion and final submission of the written Succession Plan for the organization.
- The grants will be awarded based on the review of the submission of the grant request based on qualifying factors, the quality of the essay explaining why and what they intend to do for their succession plan, and the submission as well as its timeliness and thoroughness.
- Grant submissions must be signed by both the Executive Director and the Chair of the Board of Directors to ensure alignment on succession as a priority for the organization.
- Submissions of existing plans to be improved and the final submission should have individuals’ names and other confidential information redacted prior to submitting. You redacted submissions may be made available by the H100 to assist other non-profits or in public and your submission is an acceptance of this use.
- Applications for the grant must be submitted by March 5, 2021.
- Grant recipients will be notified by March 15, 2021.
- Final submissions for your completed project must be completed and submitted no later than September 1, 2021 to email@example.com. The target date for grant balance distribution is November 1, 2021.
Evaluation tools to ensure the completeness and quality of submitted succession plans:
PDF of Succession Planning Grant Application
(For reference only; all applications must be submitted through the link above.)